Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Good News Everyone!

I've switched another of my blogs over to blogspot.com! This is the personal one that I don't expect to get much attention but... oh well. Anyway, onto the actual update.

COLLEGE:
New semester started on Mondey, and my schedule is looking pretty easy compared to last semester. Let's go ahead and break this schedule down, then look at each of my classes and how they're pretty cool.

Mondays & Wednesdays = 9am History 101, 12pm Databasing
Tuesdays & Thursdays = 9am Music Theory, 2pm COSC 320
Fridays = New Menu and Dinner Specials!
Fridays = 9am History 101, 12pm Databasing, 1pm COSC320 lab

History 101 is looking pretty sweet for a good amount of things.
A. Class is at 9am not 8am
B. Books required to read are short, and papers are short
C. People I know are taking it also
D. Professor is straightforward, understanding, and passionate (aka AWESOME)
Note: These are ranked in no particular order

Databasing is sweet because it seems like its the most useful thing since
they decided that bread makes good plates and works especially well in
sliced form

Music Theory is... theory, how can it get any better. OH YEAH, it's got
a ton of people who are actually passionate about music and they all have
many different interests (also, my Professor thought it was interesting
that I am interested in video game music, and she was telling me that there
are video game cover bands)

COSC 320 is gonna be so much F... STARCRAFT!!!! We (the comp sci guys)
got it on our laptops and our Professor is boring, a pushover, posts all power
points online, AND the class itself is a joke compared to others we've taken
(as stated by the group who took it last semester) sooooo... we're gonna play
Starcraft over the schools wireless internet.
Note (again): We do plan on passing this course with excellent grades so,
parents, don't worry

OTHER THINGS IN LIFE:

Anime Club - Woohoo! Tia wants to start up an anime club that is local to home and I'm helping with it all. I've been really excited about this and have taken a good amount of initiative I never usually take for anything. (Maybe I'm getting a bit better in my head... more on that later)

Midnight Launch - Not so woohoo-ish. It was a good run but for now the band is on break for
an undetermined amount of time. In the mean time though, I'm going to try to motivate to get some more music done for newgrounds and possibly ocremix.

Mental Condition - Don't want to go into much but, I feel like I've figured out some things and gotten to really know who I am and blah blah blah blah blah... Anyway, in short, I realized that I'm not great at self-motivating and I have huge problems when change gets in my way. Upon realizing this I've taken some steps outside of my comfort zone to try to get things a little more brighter on my side of perspective.

Role Playing - Table-top games have been so great and this semester feels like they're going to be their BEST. We're finally going to wrap up Cody's campaign in the next week or two and I can not be more excited! The twists and the story we're amazing, and everythings been very well put together. Kudos to Cody for keeping track of it all and for going through all the work and bull we put him through to bring this story to us. In other news, I might start a Serenity game soon up at the Condo, and Kurt has a few ideas for some things he'd like to run.

Friday Night Game... Night - (I just realized that while I was saying that name before it sounded so kickass because it rhymed and now it is not because night was rhyming with night) Anyway, FRIDAY NIGHTS in the pines is now the official friday night game night for me. The guys back here and I have like 3 tabletops going and we plan on playing a lot of board games also. Its a good end of the week, a good something to look forward to.

iPod - DAVE! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! About 5 months ago (its been soooo long) my iPod started to not work. Leaving out the details, Dave fixed it for me and gave it a new case. This will make work/driving/walking so much more pleasurable again.

CONCLUSION
so thats whats been up with me since the start of the semester. See you all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment